The 2018 Precious Moments Giving Plate: Help Feed the Children
Feed the Children® And Precious Moments®
Precious Moments has a long history of charitable activities. We give back to our community by joining forces with philanthropic partners who, like us, are focused on making the world a better place. In addition to corporate events, employee donations, and volunteer efforts, we donate a portion of the proceeds from the sales of special products. This year, we’re very proud to introduce the NEW Precious Moments Giving Plate, created in honor of our partnership with Feed the Children.
Give A Gift That Keeps On Giving
This year, with the Precious Moments Giving Plate, start a new holiday tradition that will last for many years to come. A giving plate is filled with goodies and given as a gift to a friend or family member. But this is just the start of the journey because the recipient then refills the plate and gives it to yet another friend. As the plate travels from home to home between family and friends, blessings are shared again and again. In a way, the beautiful journey of a giving plate never really ends.
Along with the heartwarming feelings inspired by the giving plate, the pure joy of charitable giving will inspire your loved ones each and every time they exchange this beautiful gift. From July 15, 2018 through December 31, 2020, Precious Moments will donate 5% of the sales price of each Giving Plate to Feed the Children. These donations are used to help eradicate childhood hunger and create a healthy foundation for children and families to break the cycle of poverty.
8 Great Ideas For Sharing The Giving Plate Tradition
- Pile delicious treats on this stylish plate and take it as a hostess gift for Thanksgiving. Then, let the host or hostess know that the plate is being left as your gift. Be sure to encourage them to pass it on and share the gift of love for the holidays and all year long.
- If you received the Precious Moments Giving Plate for Thanksgiving, fill it with delicious appetizers to take to your neighbor’s house for a potluck holiday dinner. Tell them that this plate is meant to be re-gifted to anyone they choose!
- If you’re not all that social or your family is very small, take this plate to special community members. First, load it up with delicious treats and deliver it to your local post office, a fire station, or school as a generous way to share your appreciation for the various services you enjoy. Finally, be sure to include a thank you note with an explanation about the giving plate tradition.
- Encourage your loved ones to take a picture of the Precious Moments Giving Plate with the recipient. Include #TheGivingPlate and post the photos on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram. Include a short tribute to the blessings of the season or just a merry Christmas wish.
- See how far the Precious Moments Giving Plate can travel. First, send it to a relative or a friend in another state or even another country. Then, encourage them to help you “follow” its path with photos and stories of blessings shared as it travels the world.
- Host an annual dinner to celebrate the blessings shared as the Precious Moments Giving Plate traveled from home to home. Provide slips of paper for guests to write down the blessings they’ve received that year. Keep these notes of gratitude in a memory jar and pass it along with the Giving Plate.
- Use a paint pen* to sign the bottom of the plate or add a short personal message as you pass it along. Include a card that encourages your loved one to sign the plate and pass it on. (*Paint markers are often not labeled food safe, so be sure to decorate on the bottom of the plate only.)
- Consider getting more than one Giving Plate to give as gifts for your next dinner party. Host an annual dinner so that your guests can talk about the different ways they shared their blessings with this simple yet memorable tradition.
Obviously, we could go on and on with great ideas for how to celebrate the special ways that a simple plate can become such a wonderful gift. If you’d like, let us know how you plan to share the giving plate tradition in the comments below.
Now, let’s move on to the wonderful features of this multi-purpose serving plate!
The Precious Moments Giving Plate
“Celebrate life’s precious moments with FAMILY and FRIENDS
Enjoy the gifts on this plate and the LOVE it sends
To make sure the GIVING never ends
Fill it up pass it on and watch how JOY transcends!”
-Poem featured on the 2018 Precious Moments Giving Plate
The poem on this plate is so beautiful. The plate also is a very functional and stylish gift. The square shape, ceramic material, and simply elegant design match most any home décor theme. Plus, since it’s microwave and dishwasher safe, it’s practical too!
Opportunities To Volunteer And Learn More About Feed the Children
Thank you so much for helping Precious Moments help kids. Here’s to a year filled with good cheer and love that never ends!
From July 15, 2018 through December 31, 2020, Precious Moments will donate 5% of the sales price of each Giving Plate to Feed the Children. These donations are used to help eradicate childhood hunger and create a healthy foundation for children and families to break the cycle of poverty and hunger.
© 2018 Feed the Children, Inc.